Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Who's going to Lettuce Knit on Saturday??

Okay, here's my dilemma. I am a suburban/rural girl. I don't do downtown or overly urban areas well. Unless it's a subway ride and/or a walk, I'm pretty much useless. I don't mind driving to Lettuce Knit, as long as I have a pretty defined place to park my car. I'm comfortable on the subway, but streetcars are kind of alien to me.

So my questions are...

Can I drive to the area, and somewhat easily find a parking lot?

or

Can I walk to Nassau Street from the subway, and if so, which station to get off at?

or

Is anyone coming from northish of Toronto that wants to meet up and travel together?


For someone who has been described at various times as a tough chick, I really am somewhat of a wimp when it comes to this...

and I may have bought a loom... okay, I did buy a loom. I'm such a sheep...

6 comments:

Carol said...

I don't live in Toronto, but if I remember the area,(I used to go to school right around there) there is no parking and you have to take the streetcar down from the subway station, but it's not a bad commute. Hope someone with more recent experience chime sin!

Sel and Poivre said...

If I were you I'd take 404 to DVP to Gardiner to Spadina. You miss all the city street traffic that way. There's a big City owned Green P parking lot - several floors high quite near Lettuce Knit.

Here's a link to a map showing where it is...

http://www.greenp.com/tpa/parkinglocator/CarParks/Downtown%20Fringe/68/68.jsp

deirdre said...

AHA!!!! (and you know what I mean)

I'm sure there are better directions to be had, but when I've been to Lettuce Knit I've googled for a map, and actually always been able to park in Kensington Market at a metre. And I am also one who is known as a tough broad, but likes my parking clearly marked.

Good luck, and happy knitting in public... if I didn't have a family thang, I'd try to be there, too...

CatBookMom said...

If this is the 1000 Knitters project, with both Stephanie and Franklin on site, you *have* to go! Franklin seems like such a cute, quirky, nice guy. Go and enjoy and remember how much fun you're going to have when you get there.

Needles said...

Just tell everyone you had an accident when they ask about the loom.

Have fun Saturday.

Anonymous said...

For parking, I'd recommend the Green P lot mentioned above. It's only a couple of blocks south of Lettuce Knit, and would be far less frustrating than navigating the maze of one way streets in the area on a Saturday.

As for subway, there are a couple of stops that are easily walked from, but I think getting the Spadina streetcar from either Union Station or Spadina station would be the most direct way. It stops right at Nassau St.