Monday, June 09, 2008

I'm back

Sorry about that, kids. I went away and didn't tell anyone.

Actually I was here all the time, reading blogs when I could, but I got super busy at work, and kind of fell of the face of the earth it seemed.

It's all good, though. I had my 3-month review at the new job, and to be honest, blushed during it. It seems like my boss really likes me and likes the job I'm doing. So I'm staying. And for more money, and I've been asked to sit on some senior steering committees, because they like what I have to say. So I guess being a talkative bigmouth comes in handy some times.

All this from a job where I would have taken a cut in pay (well... maybe not...) because they are so nice, the job is great, the hours are shorter, I can work at home when I need to... I could go on and on, but suffice it to say - I'm happy. Very happy.

And yes, we are hiring in a number of departments! If you live in the Markham area, drop me a comment!

But to the knitting and other things I do...

The Noro socks are done. The other three pairs of socks are also moving along. The copper lace shawl restart is going swimmingly. The beads are as sparkly and addictive as ever. And the weaving? Well, I think I'm going to buy me the loom. So, Dierdre? Better get your credit card ready! If I do it, you said you would too! I was looking at my stash and realized I could make a huge dent by weaving some of it.

All the worsted weight cotton I have hanging around? (I have no idea why I have so much...) Teatowels! (I've seen them made up and they are beautiful!)

My warehouse sized stash of Briggs and Little? (I wholesale bought from them at one time) - scarves or something!

My multitudes of other fibres and stuff? Stuff that I will NEVER have time to knit? Maybe if I weave it, I will be able to navigate through the room the stash lives in...

Who am I kidding? I just want it because it looks like a cool thing to do...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to look on eagerly through your weaving foray. I may be tempted, too!

Back at work after my time off here....what end is up again?

CatBookMom said...

Glad to hear your new job is working out so well! And more $$! The socks are gorgeous and so well-matched.

Weaving, hmm? Ohhh Kayyy. Enjoy.

Carol said...

Having a job you love is great! Work environment is so improtant. As for the loom, why the hell not? If it's fun, go for it. Can't wait to see wha tyou churn out...

deirdre said...

Great job on the socks, Sandra!

And the loom... yeah, well, about that... it seems my kids were at their dad's last night, and I was sitting at the computer with a glass of wine (wine + internet = bad news) and a balance-free Visa, and, well...

yeah

Needles said...

Deirdre, I feel your pain. curler chick is the bestest of friends to lead you down this garden path.

You are deserving of this because you are a wildy creative person who with tons of great ideas. And this company is smart enough to realize it.

Needles

Anonymous said...

Long time lurker, I love reading your blog, so much creativity. I thought I would de-lurk as it seems loom envy is contagious, I have been thinking about taking the plunge for sometime now. But seems like the urge is striking everyone everywhere particularly hard right now. I am this close to ordering one, myself, would you mind sharing where you got yours? And if you are taking some lessons, I'd be interested in hearing where you were able to take them, as I haven't been having much luck in my own search. Very demanding for a first time commenter, aren't I? :} I'm in the Pickering area, and there doesn't seem to be much on offer in the GTA.