Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Alison, I'm sorry...

The pattern? Wonderful.

The yarn? perfect for the job.

The knitter? A complete idiot.

One day, I will learn that knitting lace, and drinking wine with friends is not a good combination. I made several fatal errors on this shawl, and when I tried to fix them, well, let's just say that it would have been like me performing brain surgery with a handbook leading the way. In other words, not good.
So I bit the bullet, and ripped. All the way back. Then I started again. Beacause I want a circular shawl, and I want it in this yarn (line, cotton, viscose blend). I will do this...

And yes, I will stick to stockinette socks for those wine drinking, friend talking times...

6 comments:

Needles said...

I'm avoiding all my socks, and am making simple scarves.

Did you know you are one of very few people who have made socks out of Noro sock yarn. You might be inspiring me to try it.

Carol said...

Oh yeah. Been there, done that! A couple of times. Apparently I only learn the hard way!

CatBookMom said...

Yep, there are some projects that should not be worked under the influence of wine or chat. Lace is the biggy for me; I'm finding I can't watch TV, even re-runs, with some patterns.

Saren Johnson said...

Love the color the shawl will be.

smariek said...

Ouch, how painful. However the shawl will be great once it's done.

I can't knit lace while chatting or watching TV, which is the reason why I rarely knit lace anymore.

Anonymous said...

I love the Noro socks! Noro that actually matches. Cool.

If you lived closer, I'd probably be running over there and knitting the shawl up for you till you felt better. Sorry about having to rip! I particularly feel your pain today, but I only had to rip half a lace repeat on mine. I did get it done, though.

Can't speak to the wine issue, as the closest I've gotten is eating cookie dough with the vanilla extract not yet having the alcohol baked out of it. Wild, reckless living, whatchagonnado.