Wednesday, May 28, 2008

yeah well, maybe not...

So, I can't seem to stop with the beads. They sit there and stare at me, taunting me to try to ignore them! Damn them! They MAKE me pick them up and knit them... really they do...

But, I'm knitting socks as well - the Noros have become my travellers - now that my son is playing soccer twice a week, these go to games and practices with me, so we should see an end to them soon. And since my sock wearing season is long past (I'm into the flip flops now), they will hibernate in my sock drawer for a few months, because I am keeping these ones.

I think I'll put some gift socks on the needles next - I always like to have some pairs of men's socks handy for gifts. And socks are the best thing for soccer mom knitting - once the toe increases are done, there's no need to pay attention until I get to the heel. and then the same thing up the leg.

I also want to get back to the lace shawl I'm working on, but that's not good travelling knitting. so I'm limited with the amount of time I can spend on it. Speaking of time, I'm spending more time at the office these days - we work an extra half hour each day to get Friday afternoons off in the summer - well worth the 7:30am start!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to get back to the shawl, does that mean you got more "Muppet chef" wool???
Nancy

Anonymous said...

If you want to get back to the shawl, does that mean you got more "Muppet chef" wool???
Nancy

Anonymous said...

If you want to get back to the shawl, does that mean you got more "Muppet chef" wool???
Nancy

Carol said...

I wish my inductry allowed for 'happy fridays"! Enjoy! Beads and Noro sound like fun. Maybe you could combine them at some point? :)