Thursday, May 08, 2008

what's going on...

I have Knitters ADD. I admit it. I am not monogamous to any project for very long. There are some exceptions to this - I did concentrate on the hoodie, and I did finish it. But in reality, I have numerous projects on the go.
Socks.
3 pairs, all at different stages. There's some Noro socks - I bought the yarn, it was so pretty, I just had to cast them on. The yarn is pretty rough in the skein, but even working it through your hands while knitting softens it up a bit, and I know (and have been told) that a good soak in Eucalan will soften these babies right up. And I love, love, love the colourway. These are probably for me.

Then at the other end of the softness spectrum, some bamboo socks in a pale grey marled colourway. Hubby is eying these. THis is some of the softest yarn I have ever knit with. A touch splitty, but I'll forgive that for the softness.

And some Regia Galaxy socks in brown. Destined for the gift box. Someone will enjoy them. Socks are my go-t0 project for mindless knitting. I keep a pair in my bag, so I can knit at lunch, or if I have to wait somewhere. The project is in my mind, so I don't have to refer to anything, and I have a pretty good idea of sizes of feet I usually knit for, so I can eyeball it pretty well.

Lace.
I love the lace knitting. This is the Blue Jay Shawl from Wrapped in Comfort, and I'm using a linen, viscose, cotton mix. I hope to have this for the summer for those nights when there is just a bit of chill in the air, and in the fall for the mornings where you need something on the shoulders.

Beads.
Yeah, well, we all know of my bead knitting addiction. I can't help it. I must have been a magpie in a former life, because I love the sparkly things. Which is strange, because those who know the 3-D me know I'm not so much on the sparkly things to wear. But I have lots of friends who like it, so there is always a ready list of gift recipients.

I knit on each of them at different times of the day, and surprisingly, I seem to make progress on them.

5 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

I'm knitting Grilltech a pair of bamboo socks. You're right, very soft and splity.

Anonymous said...

I'm a former magpie myself. I do like the purdy stuff, too. Love those Noros!

Cindy G said...

Love the Noro colors! And, the bead colors, too.

Anonymous said...

That Noro makes me wish I loved knitting socks, it's beautiful. Meantime, thank you! I can't wait to see the rest of that shawl! Made my day, reading that. Cool. And did you notice? In the picture on my blog, the carpeting those shoes were on looks like the Blue Jay pattern. We knitters are taking over the world.

Linda said...

What kind of heel are you using for the Noro socks? I have a friend who dyed her yarn in the rainbow sequence and is struggling to come up with a sock heel that will not ruin the color sequence of the leg.

I love all of your socks and I agree about them being a great on the go project. I always have at least one in the works.(right now there are 2).

Where did you get your sock needle "suitcase"? I have been looking for some.