Monday, May 26, 2008

step away from the beads...

It's getting a bit out of control.
And I'm just talking about the fine seed beads on 1.5mm needles, not the bracelets I was (and still am) making. This doesn't even show the ones that I have given away, which would probably double the output.

I still love doing this, but I find I'm missing the tactile sensation of wool flowing through my fingers, as well as seeing my lace shawl take shape.

But the main reason is the fact that the bead knitting entails some closeup work, and my eyes aren't what they used to be. Plus, I seem to hunch my shoulders a bit when I do this, so I have to consciously make an effort to loosen up. I really felt it in the shoulders this weekend, since I was also getting the gardens in shape.

So, I may be taking a bit of a break. But then again, this is so addictive, I may not, especially when I get commenters like this:
"...Cheers, Barbie O. in Montreal (currently threading a gazillion beads to do my first Brenda Franklin beaded choker--thanks to you!)"
Barbie - enjoy! Just remember to stretch your shoulders now and then...

2 comments:

Carol said...

There must be something about the beadwork that you like! Otherwise you wouldn't do so much of it.

Anonymous said...

Let us celebrate variety! And digression! Excellent beading goodies.