Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the return to normal...

Or at least, what passes for normal around here...

We're back from the cottage. It was wet, a little chilly, but not all the time, and not all at once. Meaning, we got some work done - leaves raked, dock in, one boat in, friends met up with, drinks drunk, food eaten, all the basic necessities of the first long weekend.

And knitting?

Yup, got that done too - lots of bead knitting, since when the weather turned, there were a lot of us inside all at once! My husband's family is large, mine is not, so I still find it difficult sometimes to have that many people around me. So I grabbed me a corner (where I could still see the TV - we had rented all the Indiana Jones movies, in anticipation of Indy IV) and knit - socks and beads.

I worked on the Regia Galaxy sock, as well as my second Noro sock. One will be a gift, one is all mine...
I finished the knitting of the grey and crystal bag, but it still needs to be sewn up and have the string attached. This is the Knitted Amulet Bag from the Rainey Sisters. Not only a free pattern, but a fabulous one! Easy, elegant, what more could you ask for? This still needs sewing up, and the beaded, twisted string attached:Then I strung multitudes of other beads, anticipating a fun summer of bead knitting:Some of these are going to be amulet bags, some will be chokers.
I also read two books, and generally relaxed, when I wasn't doing cottage things (docks, boats, leaves.)
Speaking of Indiana Jones - it was my son who decided to rent the three movies - a great choice, as they spanned all generations - the kids, us, the grandparents. Especially us. I do love me some Harrison Ford in a fedora...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that beaded bag!!!!!!!!!
I'm giving you fair warning - Guild night approacheth...
nancy

Carol said...

Normal? You said back to normal? Im jealous. what's that? My house is a madhouse right now.

I am sooo looking forward to Indy IV as well. Now, THAT'S the way to spend some time!