Sunday, May 04, 2008

sucked right back in...

I have a problem. Beads. Beads are my problem. I start knitting them, and I can't put them down. I was addicted a few months back, but fought my way out of it, and put them down, picking up a wool shawl, and silk and wool sweater. I had self imposed deadlines on these, so I could avoid the lure of the beads. It was good - I finished a sweater, some socks, picked up other things, was knitting happily along, then... the Frolic. Brenda Franklin's booth. The Bead FX booth. I fell at both, and made purchases. I got home, and the sparkly things drew me back into their black hole. I found some beads that I had already strung. "How bad could it be? They're already strung and ready... just waiting for me... calling to me..." - so I knit them. (It would have been a shame not to). Here's the finished product:
choker and earrings. And up close, so you can see the different colours. But, I've started stringing some other ones... and have a queue in mind of the ones I want to knit next. I'm thinking chokers, amulet bags, bracelets...

edited to add - not only did I start to string some, I've finished knitting them! Now I have to string some OTHER ones...
my niece loves pink. This will probably be hers...

Man, this is addictive...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND gorgeous. Love the pink!!!

Hey, remember, this is national "Wear your Hoodie to Guild Meeting so Blog Readers can Drool" week.

Nancy

Needles said...

Just think how nice they will look with your hoodie!

Anonymous said...

I know you say it's so easy, but it looks so complex to we who know not what it entails. Very nice!

Carol said...

In your defense, it IS still knitting. And lovely knitting at that!