Thursday, May 22, 2008

got my spot...

... in Franklin's 1000 Knitters Project. Stephanie and Rachel H, in their infinite wisdom (and crazy-assed minds!) are bringing Franklin to Toronto.

Talk about a triumvirate of occurrences - World Wide Knit in Public Day, Stephanie's 40th birthday (or 39th, no one's really sure) and an international sitting for the 1000 Knitters Project.
How do I not attend? I mean, really, when will this happen again? As I said to my huband in an email:

"June 14 - I will be at Lettuce Knit on this day. It is a combination of Worldwide Knit in Public Day, Stephanie's (Yarn Harlot) 40th birthday and a photographic sitting that a Knitter/Photographer is putting together called the 1,000 knitters project.

I realize my nerd factor has increased by an exponential number by explaining all of this to you, but it basically comes down to - will you be home on this particular Saturday so I can be in Kensington Market for most of the day?"


(My husband loves me and understands my yarn addiction, but I know he thinks I'm crazy...) He also works some weekends, so I have to book these things ahead.

So, Steph and Rachel H? I will be there. I'm booked for the afternoon sitting, but I will probably arrive earlier, with my monetary contribution to Franklin's project, cold beer in a cooler, and some raffle prizes if you want them. I will not be bringing Stephanie wool as a birthday gift. Bringing wool to Lettuce Knit? What is the old saying about coals to Newcastle?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still crying. I'm away that day. What lousy timing!!!!!!!!!! First I missed the Knitters' Frolic and now this.... BOO HOO!!!
Nancy

CatBookMom said...

I wondered if you'd make the event. Yay for you; I'll be looking for your picture to add to my store of friends' photos. Have a fabulous time!!