Monday, June 18, 2007

tofutsies done!

I finished the tofutsies socks for Hubby - he's happy.

These are nice socks - very lightweight, but hopefully durable. The Tofutsie yarn is a blend of superwash wool, soy, cotton (I think) and chitin, which is a fibre derived from shrimp and crab shells (It's naturally antibacterial! or so it says...) While I do enjoy the finished product, I'm not sure I would use the yarn again - it's very splitty. Splitty enough that I had to pay attention to the knitting, and socks are my "no attention needed" type of knitting. I have enough other projects on the go that require my attention - I want my socks to be mindless. That said, I still very much like these, and Hubby is happy.

Finishing them on Father's Day was a bonus, even though he's not my father. It's been 13 years since my Dad died. Father's Day is still difficult, and it seems strange not to have called him.

And, I stole this:






Your Power Element is Fire


Your power color: red

Your energy: hot

Your season: spring

Like a fire, you are full of power and light.
A born leader, you easily draw people toward you.
You are full of courage and usually up for anything dangerous.
You have a huge ego and love to be the center of attention.



I love spring, but give me the heat of summer anytime...

The fire part does not surprise me - as soon as I saw this at Wannietta's I KNEW it would be fire. I'm a late November Sagittarius, and all my life, any time there was a situation where an element was assigned to me, it was fire. Maybe that's why I like wearing orange...

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Hey, I'm a fire also! I knew there was a good reason why I liked you. I also made my hubby the Tofutsies in that color way. His are called Bookwyrms.

Carol said...

Nice socks! Bad, splitty Tofutsies. I have a skein, what to do, what to do?