Wednesday, June 13, 2007

mmm, white boxes...

I love coming home to a white box on my front step! Especially when the inside looks like this:That would be some Callisto - a viscose, cotton, linen blend in copper, some Camila - a cotton, linen blend in celery and some assorted Sonata cotton in grey, green turquose and white.

The Sonata is for a long term blanket-type project that gets worked on now and then. THe callisto and the Camila is for something summery - not sure what as yet...

I think I may do a tank-style top from the celery Camila - maybe to match the Pegasus cotton-rayon yarn that is coming out on June 19th that would make a nice shawl...

The Callisto - well, that may be a shawl or a lacy shrug - maybe something out of Lace Style. Or not. Right now, it's all just Eye Candy!

There are some FOs to report on soon. (If I was smart, I would enter things I like in our Guild UFO challenge - Then I may have a shot at finishing them. But, nooooo, I say I'm going to finish some odd mitts, or other things I don't have any intention of doing.) If I had finished something, I had a shot at winning the great prize that Joan won - a whole bag of bamboo yarn, and a pattern book!

There may also be some more stash enhancement coming - I've wanted to try the Knit Picks needles, and then they had some yarns on sale... and well, you can guess the rest...

2 comments:

Janis said...

Knit Picks is pure evil. Their needles are glorious though, I like them better than Addi Turbos to be honest. More point, which is great for lace, and also everything else in the world.

And the sale...it's evil. I keep adding stuff to my cart and taking it out and saying, "No, Janis, don't buy that...buy THIS instead." and my brain is turning cartwheels because I've never ordered something from there that I haven't loved. Siigh. Knit Picks. Pure evil.

Anonymous said...

OOOooooh! It's like Christmas in June!