Thursday, June 07, 2007

ruh r-oh!

(yes, that is my watch. I wear a Scooby Doo watch, so what?) And no, the angles are not all screwy - I wear my watch inside, on my right wrist. I'm left handed, which explains why it's on my right wrist. The inside thing? I have no idea. I've worn it this way for so long, I forget why I started.

I'm starting to think that maybe you guys won't come back if I don't do some knitting. Don't get me wrong - I am knitting, it's just that I don't particularly think you want to see sock progress. I mean, do you really want to see the additional growth of the Tofutsie sock? or the denim one? Yeah, I thought so. There's the additional inches on the silk Montego Bay scarf - again, not the most thrilling thing.

I'm also doing some unbloggable stuff. (I originally typed Unforgivable, as in Unforgivable Curses - I'm re-reading the Harry Potters in anticipation of next month's release of book seven.) I really am 10 years old - Harry Potter, Scooby Doo, and if you look in the trunk of my car, you'll see my Barbie Country Camper. I was at my Mom's and she was cleaning out the basement - she gave me all my old Barbie stuff. Does anyone remember the Country Camper? The psychedelic orange and pink RV with the pop-out tent? Too funny. I'm not sure what to do with it - my son certainly doesn't want it, my nieces are too old, and I hate to just throw it out.

Have I distracted you enough with my ramblings? No? Sorry. I will try to get something for you, just to keep you coming back! Especially Sarah - Sarah is not only a new reader, but a new member of our Guild. Hi Sarah! I'm heading over to your blog from here! Gonna start with the archives!

In the meantime, the Aurora Street Festival was last weekend. This is the view of an 8-year old rock climber from my seat on the curb:
I love my boy...

4 comments:

Carol said...

I had the Barbie Airplane when I was a kid. I don't know what happened to it. But, uyou could try to sell your camper on ebay. Maybe some collector wll want it. Is it hard worn?

Anonymous said...

I wasn't a Barbie girl. Any I did have, I cut off their hair and melted it when I tried to blow it dry. But I do still have my Fisher Price castle, circus train, and a squirrel family set called the Woodseys. I'm keeping them for old time's sake!

Janis said...

I wanted to do a Harry Potter re-read but I can't find most of my books. Weird! And I don't even own a watch, so you've got a leg up on me. If I did, it would be something childish too though, I'm sure.

Also, yay for more local bloggers!

ALSO. I'm sorry I bailed on the Guild meeting again, I had to liveblog the Republican debate. And it was SO BORING too, ugh.

TracyKM said...

The street festival looks like fun. One of these years I'll make it! I have a Little Mermaid watch that plays music and a Mickey Mouse watch. I haven't pushed my daughter towards Barbie yet, but I think she's nearly ready. How much do you want for the camper? Or check ebay, there are crazy folk out there who will pay over $400 for knitting books, and insane amounts for Barbie stuff too!