Friday, June 15, 2007

bad, good and pretty...

Knitpicks, what is going on? 5 days ago, I placed an order. As of today, it's still PENDING??? In 5 days, I assume it to be packed and sent, not pending! Even if they get it out today, there's still shipping time to take into account, and since it's cross border, that could take anywhere from 1-2 weeks.

I'm not impressed. Not at all. I shop enough on line to expect better than this...

but, I do have some FO's to show, so that should lighten my mood...

The Modified Montego Bay Scarf:
Montego Bay scarf by Amy Singer, Interweave Knits, Summer 2007.
Major Mods - only 19 stitches cast on. Fringe, yes - braided, no.
Olive Green Estelle silk - 2 balls.
6.5mm bamboo needles.

Double Seed Stitch Scarf:
My own design. (Yep, a toughie! A rectangle in double seed stitch. Like, no one's ever come up with this one before...)

Yarn - Riccio wool blend from Grand River Yarns. I bought one ball at a show I was at because I just fell in love with the colours. One ball, while enough for the cute capelet pattern that came with it, was not enough for this scarf. I ordered another ball on line, and Rochelle had it (and some silk stuff that I may have also ordered. so what?) in my hands in 3 days. Now that's customer service. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Go see her, she's wonderful, and you can find some real deals in her closeout section!

Both scarves are between 7 and 9 feet long - enough to wrap around the neck a couple of times. Both of these may be gifts. Since it's not scarf weather, I don't have to make the decision about who gets them quite yet. I am going to make another Modified Montego Bay - same yarn, in mustardy-gold. I may make it a titch wider. You know a titch? a little more than a bit, not quite as much as a tad.

And to end the week on a strange note - I took a picture in the car wash this morning. (I park under a maple tree at home. The birds like the maple tree. The birds "release" a lot while in the maple tree, ergo, I get a lot of car washes...)
The soap colours have been the only bright spot in my day so far - they made me happy. Then I came to work.

8 comments:

TracyKM said...

I have heard mixed things about KnitPicks shipping. Apparently though, they have a Fort Erie location now so it's not cross border (so I've been told).
I love Rochelle too! She is SO quick! One time, I ordered some of the 'per gram' yarn and hadn't kept the info of what colours/amounts I ordered. I emailed her, and had an answer before the next day!
That's a funny picture! (Although, husband is an engineer who works with someone who used to design those drive through car washes and he said never to use them, LOL). You remind me of Crazy Aunt Purl with your pictures while on the road (I haven't actually read her blog in a LONG time though)

Saren Johnson said...

Pretty, pretty. Will you weave in the ends of Dad's sweater so it will be completed?

Carol said...

Cross border shopping sucks. but the soap was pretty....

Sandra said...

Knittech - what sweater are we talking about here, your's or mine? (I currently have asweater for Hubby that needs ribbing, but nothing else...)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scarves! Well done. You can never have too many scarves for yourself, that's for sure. It's like a different mood every day in winter.

I agree - Grand River is amazing when it comes to shipping. I've not encountered a problem with Knit Picks yet, so hopefully I won't encounter it. Now, Piecework magazine subscription, THERE is a major shipping problem. Of my 1-year subscription, which was about 6 issues, I had to contact them THREE times for three issues about how I never received mine. Eventually got them, but not without hassle.

Janis said...

Knitpicks took a while for my last order to go through too, and I've heard other people say it's taken longer than usual. I don't know if it's an ordering issue, or a warehouse issue, or what. I hate that word, pending.

Anonymous said...

I love those car wash colours - it makes me happy every time I go through! Great idea to take a picture!

Saren Johnson said...

I was talking about my dad's sweater. You beat me to posting. :)