Wednesday, June 27, 2007

thanks for the comments...

A couple of comments yesterday need answers, and I'm never quite sure how to address this. DO I answer back in the comments? That seems a little presumptuous, assuming that you are checking back multiple times in a day. (I like that, it does wonders for my blog stats, but really, I'm not so vain tho think you are checking me more than once.)

Do I email you back? Not always easy or even a possibility - not everyone's email shows up.

DO I pull a Wendy and answer them in the next day's post?

I'm going for option number 3.

Wannietta asked how I thought The Knit Picks circulars compared to the Addi Lace needles. I don't really know, not having tried the Addi Lace. However, as I told her (I did email Wannietta - there were some other things we needed to discuss...), I would highly recommend the KP needles that I have. Please note that they are the 16 inch, 2.25mm needles. The cord, once I took it out of the package, laid nice and flat, no curling. The join was nice ans smooth. But, these are small diameter, short needles. I hope that larger and longer needles are the same, but I can't comment on that. For the ones I have and what I need them for, they are great. Nice, pointy tip, as well.

Carol mentioned some relief options for my allergies. Got 'em and use 'em. Actually, I am an Aerius chick - it's always worked for me before. This year, I'm having more problems. (OK, honest confession - I'm not exactly taking them regularly - I'm very bad at forgetting to take them. What I need to do is toss them in my purse, so I always have them with me, and when I remember them as I'm driving to work, I can pop one. I just have to remember to put them in my purse!) I do use a Nasonex spray at times, but not really my favourite thing. There's enough stuff coming out of my nose, that I don't need to put anything in!

Carol also asked about the delivery time for Knit Picks. If you are of the instant gratification type (like me!) this may not be your favourite option. I placed by order on June 11 - When I checked on June 15 - the order was still pending. (I chalk this up to their sale - I'm sure they were inundated with orders). As of June 16 - it was shown as shipped. They do have a Canadian shipping address in Fort Erie - and it arrived on my doorstep on June 25, so that would be 6 business days (9 including weekends). And this was Canada Post, Expedited Service. So, two weeks, start to finish - really not all that bad. My big issue was the 5 day "pending" issue, I guess.

And...

I missed my first blogiversary! I started this little thing on June 22, 2006. I cannot believe it's been a year. Wow. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

TracyKM said...

A neti pot. To rinse out your sinuses of all the pollen and gunk. Really. They look like miniature watering cans, and you fill it with warm salt water. You tilt your head sideways over a bowl, and pour it in your nose. It goes right up to the top sinus, fills it with the salt water, and it all drains out the other side. No drugs needed, but it may take a few rinses depending on how bad you are plugged up. Sounds gross, looks gross, but is an ancient gadget. Also called a nose bidet, LOL.
Love the new yarns!

Carol said...

Interesting to hear about the delivery times. Not all that bad. although I do love me some instant gratification. As for the Nasonex, you may want to use it more regularly. it'll keep the irritation from allergies down if you do. Many people wait until allergy season starts for them, then use their steroid nose spray 2-3 times daily for a couple of days and then ease off to once daily during the allergy season. After it's over, they stop. As for the sinus rinsing, I find it useful during acute problems, but not as an every day thing all the time. When my sinuses were still plugged up from a cold 4 days later, I used the rinse for 3 days. On day 4 I got some gross bits coming out when I blew my nose and voila! I was better! As a regular use, I think it might irritate, but that is my opinion only.

Saren Johnson said...

Happy blogaverisery.