Friday, June 01, 2007

I wonder if Amy will take out a TRO*?

(*TRO - for those without a police officer in the family is a Temporary Restraining Order)

I love my Tuscany shawl. I'm wearing it right now with my white sleeveless linen top and brownish-orange linen skirt. It's perfect for this hot humid weather, since my office has the AC blasting. The Sea Silk is giving off that faint silky/seaweedy aroma that I love. I've said it before - this design is brilliant. Way to go, Amy!

I'm going to make this again. Soon. Very soon. I've got some wonderful merino that would be perfect, but I'm debating doing another Sea Silk one. In brighter, more summery colours.

Last night I was flipping through my new Interweave Knits, and see the Montego Bay scarf - a simple, mindless lacy pattern. Just what I need for when I'm sitting at Son's soccer games and I don't feel like sock knitting. I look for the designer, and lo and behold - Amy again. I have this wonderful Estelle Silk - no where near the gauge of the Sea Silk used in the pattern, but that's the beauty of scarves - you can adjust to fit. I've narrowed mine down quite a bit - I only cast on 19 stitches, and I want it looooong. Long enough to wrap around the neck a couple of times and still hang down. I'm going to fringe this, and being so skinny, it is really more decorative than warm. But, we'll see. If I don't keep it, it will go to my Mom or my SIL. I'm going to do it all over again in a goldy-mustardy colour of silk for my Buddhist SIL - for her, if it can't be burgundy, then it's got to be gold.
It's wrapped around my begonia-lobelia-sweet potato vine container here - it's actually about 4 feet long at this point - I'm aiming for around 6-7 feet plus fringe.


And (should I admit this?) I've ordered the yarn for a Tomato top. I'm also lusting after the Lace backed tank top (name escapes me). Usually, I'm happy when I get 1 or 2 usable patterns from a book. With the River Rock scarf I've got on the needles, 1 Tuscany done, a Tomato and a tank and another Tuscany planned, we're up to 4 patterns. Plus, there's more in there that I plan to knit.

So Amy? You keep cranking out those patterns, and I'll keep knitting them. We've met, and had dinner together, etc., so please don't run away from me - I'm really quite nice. A little obsessed, but nice.

(added later - yes, I know Amy did not design everything in No Sheep For You. But if she hadn't put the book together, I probably wouldn't have seen them.)

(I think Stephanie is breathing a sigh of relief - I've got someone new to stalk...)

2 comments:

Janis said...

I'm totally project-stalking Stefanie Japel lately, so I know what you mean. I've got three sweaters of hers on the go, and two in the queue.

I have to make the Montego Bay scarf though, it's fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Lookin' forward to seeing it! Have a great weekend.