Monday, June 25, 2007

my first tagging...

It's the first time that I've been tagged for a meme. Should I be excited? I sort of feel like Sally Field - you like me!

Knittech tagged me, so here goes...

The rules are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends.

Events:
1869 - In Dumbarton, Scotland, the clipper Cutty Sark is launched - one of the last clippers ever to be built, and the only one still surviving to this day. - and spawned a mighty fine scotch, I might add.

1993 - Rachel Whiteread wins both the £20,000 Turner Prize award for best British modern artist and the £40,000 K Foundation art award for the worst artist of the year. - this kind of irony is heaven to me!

Births:

1859 - Billy The Kid, American outlaw (d. 1881(?)) - cool! I can relate to an outlaw.

1959 - Dominique Dunne, American actress (d. 1982) - I loved the movie Poltergeist, and I really felt badly for her and her family when she was killed the way she was. I'll never understand people that do what that guy did.

Holiday:

St. George's Day in Georgia (the country in Asia, not the State) - holidays are a wee bit lean on my birthday.

Man, there is a lot of bad things that happened on my birthday - lots of wars, unrest, and killings. Please don't take that as an indication of the type of person I am...

as far as tagging... if you read this and want to do - go nuts. If not, that's ok too...

No comments: