Wednesday, June 20, 2007

so fast...

...you didn't even see it coming!

How's this for a quick knit? I didn't even have a chance to post that I was starting them, and a day later, I finished one. A day where I worked a full day, grocery shopped, and made dinner for kid and husband. Just a normal day. But man! Are these quick! And, in my opinion, rather pretty. I'm looking forward to the fall, when they will peek out of the sleeves of my jacket, keeping me warm on chilly mornings. Of course, that scenario is completely dependent on me making another one, and we all know how often I make second mitts...



But really, I will make another one - they are so simple, and cute, why wouldn't I?
Then again, I cast on for a different style with different yarn, and different needles already.

It's not like I need them RIGHT NOW, is it?


Specs:
Salad wristies - free pattern found here
(a brilliant, easy pattern - thanks Presents Knits!)
mods - different yarn - I used JJ's - a hand painted worsted from New Zealand, purchased from Tove at Needles and Knits in Aurora - aubergine colourway.
I also cast on 32 stitches instead of 28, because I couldn't find my 5mm dpns, so I used my 4mm. I think they worked better with this yarn, anyway.
I did a 3 stitch picot bind off, rather than a 2 stitch - it was my first time doing a picot cast off, and I wanted it lush and full and ruffly. It is definitely that.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's what I need - a quickie project to make me feel productive! I'm working on lace & colourwork things that won't go fast and just need persistence to get through.

TracyKM said...

Those are so cute! I know some young girls that would love them for Christmas (and some not so young girls too!).
Me, though....I'd be catching everything possible with that ruffle. I'm such a klutz. Just getting keys out of my pocket challenges me sometimes.

Saren Johnson said...

Those are so cute. Fast is good, it makes one believe all is right with the world.

Anonymous said...

Those would naturally look particularly luscious peeking out of a winter coat. You'll get many a compliment on them.

Alex said...

Yay! This is the first work-up I've seen of either of my patterns, I'm excited (and glad that my pattern writing skills are sufficient).

Cindy G said...

Whoo Hoo! Those are fun.