Monday, May 07, 2007

more bird stuff

To cover for the lack of much knitting progress, I give you this:

This nest is in the hedge near our driveway. It's about 8 feet up, and I was standing on a ladder, with the camera out at arms length, while I took this blindly. I didn't want to stay up there too long, as Mama Robin was in the maple tree nearby, keeping a close eye on me! This has become a family project, as Hubby and Son see the Mama every morning. We will take pictures every few days and see what happens.

Another reason knitting time was limited:Meet James the Butler. Son is doing a puppet show in class (there are 4-5 groups of kids, each with a different story to tell). Son's character is James the Butler, and he came home last week saying he needed a puppet for Monday. Son designed the whole thing. I only sewed the puppet shape, and handled the hot glue gun. I also cut out the hand shape - that one was giving Son some problems. Other than that, it's all his. (Note the inspired use of BOA yarn for the moustache...)

Hopefully, knitting news soon!

2 comments:

TracyKM said...

LOVE the Boa moustache! LOL. He takes after you in the crafty department!

Anonymous said...

Wow, cute puppet. And he even gave you a few days notice to accomplish said crafting task - kudos!