Friday, May 04, 2007

bird wars

We have the Theatre of the Absurd outside our office these days. There are two birds that spend add day - seriously, ALL DAY! - on on the cars here Just hanging by the driver's side window - preening, fighting, just hanging around. It's become sport now for us all to watch. Here's one pic of just one bird - the other was divebombing someones head at this point:


It's almost like he's yelling at us for disturbing him. And yes, that is bird poop all over Brenda's car. (You should see the back of the mirror!) I'm trying to get a picture of the WWE action that goes on on the ground - the two of them were rolling around like horny high school kids after the prom.



There has been knitting going on - finishing, even! I finished another Leaf Cravat, this time in worsted weight - merino/mohair blend from Welllington Fibres. With this autumn-y colourway, how could I resist a leaf themed scarf? The only changes I made were the yarn and the needle size (a 5mm, I think) I also shortened this - it just wraps around the neck and ties in front, with the leaves hanging. Very pretty.





However...


do you see it? THE HONKING BIG ERROR??? Okay, maybe not so big (my co-worker, whom I made look at this thinks I'm over-reacting), but still! And of course, it's right in the middle of the picture i take to show off the lace pattern. On the right side, right in the middle, one vertical line veers off to the border instead of following it straight up. I put a YO in the wrong spot, obviously, and didn't even notice during blocking. I only noticed once I uploaded this.


Actually, my co-worker didn't use the term over-reacting. She asked if I had ever noticed the ANAL in ANALYST. (I'm a sales analyst). After I spit out my coffee, and stopped laughing, I realized that she is right. No one is going to see this. (Except me. And now you.)

Edited - some people said they had trouble seeing the HUGE ERROR (obviously, not as huge as I am seeing it to be...) I've added a visual aid...

A final note: I was in the drive through line at Tim Horton's this morning. How addicted to this coffee are you, when you are drinking a Timmy's in the DRIVE THROUGH at Timmy's to get another one?? Yes, the guy behind me was sucking on an XL, two cars away from placing his next order.

6 comments:

Janis said...

My sister and I always joke that every Timmy's is placed at least a medium apart from the last one.

I had to stare SO HARD at the picture of the cravat before I found the mistake. Variegations hide mistakes well, and it's barely there, don't worry!

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. And I bet it was a double-double.

katrynka said...

I had to look for a while for the mistake too! and except for the bird poop on the car, I would love watching the birds. I think all birds are just so fun and interesting and cute too.

CatBookMom said...

What is it about us knitters that causes us to show everyone that mistake that is glaringly obvious only to us? And then blog about it, with close-ups?

I'm getting a bit better about it. My sock-knitting student had only 14 stitches on one heel flap and 15 on the other sock. I'm pretty sure she just couldn't find one. She fretted and fretted about it, and I *calmly* advised that having equal numbers on the same sock, with the other off by one stitch, wasn't a major deal. Of course, if there's really a difference in the heel flap length, the sock will fit a bit differently, but perhaps not.

Anonymous said...

I know it is a glaringly huge mistake to you, but I stared at it for three minutes and then had to look at the diagram with the yellow arrow before I found it. Don't forget it will be on the part that is wrapped around your neck. You could just fix it by sewing up the hole with a needle and thread if it bothers you (or give it to your ungrateful relative for Christmas ;)

Jen

Saren Johnson said...

I'm with everyone else. I didn't see it until the bright yellow arrow was kind enough to show me. Call it a design element and quit being an analyst. :)