Thursday, May 10, 2007

back to the birds...

Sadness with regards to the robin's nest in our hedge. Son and I took another peek last night, and where there were three eggs on the weekend, now there are two. There is no sign of the broken shell anywhere in or around the nest, so it must have been carried off. Dang.

My son was some ticked off that there is one egg gone - he wants to check every day now to make sure "his" eggs are safe.

Knitting... there has been some... not much... hey! look - flower pictures!

(Can you tell, I'm hoping to distract you from the lack of knitting progress?) There are socks on the go, and a crochet scarf started (and ripped back a bit - I zigged when I should have zagged). I'll try and post pics of that soon.

The orange pansy is in a big urn near our deck - we planted it last weekend, and will continue to change the plantings in it all summer - it gets hot where it is, and pansies don't take heat well. The bluebell-like plant is in one of my shade gardens - I have no idea what it's called. I always start with grandiose plans - I chart my gardens and put the cultivar names in, and then I move things around, and lose my diagrams, and well, screw it. I just want to enjoy the plants.


My son is enamoured of my hostas - I have close to fifty different cultivars all around the place (we have a lot of shade!) He decided to take this picture, and I thought it looked pretty cool.

A shout out to Lunadog - thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment! Hope you come back again. (Lunadog is a friend from the About.Knitting/com forum.)

Really, I still knit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so welcome, kiddo! Being a hopelessly addicted charity knitter, I love hearing about what other knitters are doing for good causes.

Your pictures are awesome! I didn't think TO got spring this early. (Yeah, yeah, snarky west coast comment.)

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I read your blog all the time.