Monday, May 28, 2007

bleeding bees and beaded cuffs...

These have been named the "Bleeding Bee" socks: Sorry about the colour - it is way off. These are a clear yellow, black and red colourway - Fleece Artist Merino. I don't know why they are reading as pink. I colour adjusted - here's a better indication of colour:



I love these - my standard sock pattern (as of today) - Turkish toe cast on, wrap and turn short row heel, sewn down picot hem cast off. They may be for me, they may go into the Christmas box. Since I rarely wear socks from now until the snow starts, have time to decide.

For Joan in Edith's house in Vermont:

I bought some Baby cashmere from Joan a while back and said I would update her when it told me what it wanted to be. One ball was adamant that it wanted to be something out of the Arctic Knits book. So I listened. I think it was right. This beaded cuff is so delicious to wear. (Although, not in the 30C heat we have at the moment!) There will definitely be a match to this one shortly. The beads were my own addition. I used the crochet hook method of adding them this time, instead of stringing them on the yarn. Not bad, but some of the beads were difficult to get over the crochet hook. For a project this small, I don't think I would use this method again, but I will for the matching cuff, so it looks the same.

Joan? What do you think?

I still have tons of the baby cashmere left - I'm thinking of a matching scarf from the same book... The black silk I bought from her is already in the process of becoming my version of the Lutea Lace Shoulder Shell from Interweave Knits Summer 2007. I have enough of the silk for the body, but not the lace shoulders - I can either do them in a coordinating silk (I have some gold or some ivory), or I will use black bamboo to get some sheen. I'm leaning towards the bamboo...

2 comments:

TracyKM said...

That wristwarmer si so cute and elegant too :) Can't wait to see what else you make!

Cindy G said...

I am in love with the beaded cashmere cuffs!