Tuesday, April 03, 2007

just because it made me laugh...





Your 80s Theme Song Is:



Turning Japanese by The Vapors



Do you REALLY need to know how much bad dancing was done to this song among my circle of friends? (Along with "Bette Davis Eyes"). Ah, good times. I am SO not that person any more...


The Tuscany shawl continues along - I'm about halfway up (not halfway through, as each row gets progressively bigger, but it gives a good indication of the pattern).

Up close, you can see the luminosity of the Sea Silk. My husband was looking at me strangely last night - I was sniffing the yarn. Actually, I was inhaling it - I love the smell of silk


Oh, and while I complain a lot about work, you may remember that my immediate boss is a sweetheart, and the reason I am still here. Example number 4,697 of why. He told the HR idiot that HE was giving me this Thursday off. As my supervisor, he doesn't need her approval. Woo, and Hoo! So we will be heading north immediately after Hubby gets home on Thursday! (Can you say "picnic in the car"? I can't wait - it's been so long since we've been there, and it's a place we seem to NEED to go to. (I now, lousy grammar and sentence structure there, sorry.) We recharge when we are there, so I'm looking forward to it. And my BIL and nephew are coming as well. The two small boys will play together, the two big boys will play together, and I will be left in peace, only having to feed them. I can do this. Happily. Especially since it means tons of knitting time for me, while I gaze out at the lake. I will interrupt this time for hikes in the woods, and games with the boys. I've said it before - we know how incredibly lucky we are to have this place, and we try to use it whenever we can. It has been tough to get there this winter, with weather issues, and other commitments. Easter marks the start of what we hope is many weekends and holidays spent there. If I don't post tomorrow, I hope everyone has a Happy Passover, Easter, Sizdah bedar, or whatever your holiday of choice is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be up north as well, in front of a fireplace, eating my mom's Easter yummies. And me trying to finish that danged STR second sock!

Salutations to yours as well.

TracyKM said...

Happy Easter!
Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

CatBookMom said...

So glad that you'll have a nice long and relaxing weekend! Good boss, good boss.

I can't do the quiz, since I seem to be totally blank on a 'current' favorite song. D'oh!

Unknown said...

I love the smell of wet wool. Good thing given my penchant for steam blocking!!! LOL

Amy R Singer said...

damn, your tuscany looks amazing! i can't wait to smell it myself. :-)