Wednesday, April 18, 2007

magic

Just off the needles... pinned out and spritzed with water, left to dry overnight...
unpinned in the early morning (my only available model)...
pattern up close...
Yes, I'm in love. I'm wearing Tuscany today, and have had two people sniff me already! (In a good way, in case you're here via a weird Google search...)
I promise human modelled shots after next weekend - Amy, I'll be at the Frolic early, and Tuscany and I will be looking for you!
Specs:
Tuscany Shawl, designed by Amy Singer, from the book, "No Sheep For You"
Handmaiden Sea Silk Yarn - Silk and Sea cell. Colourway unknown, but a mix of silver, blackish grey and copper. I love how the shots of silver and copper appear as waves across the shawl - this pattern really highlighted the colourway much better than the Melon scarf, which was it's original use. I used 1 full skein, and about 1/4 of a second. There is enough left for a small scarf.
This took me a little more than a month? (she says questioningly, not having any idea when I started...) Let's see - Amy came to our Guild at the beginning of March, I started it after that, so maybe a month and a half, with other projects thrown in.
I would make this again - nice pattern, easy to memorize, lacy, but not too fussy. I may actually use the pattern for a straight scarf with the remainder of the Sea Silk for a gift, since the pattern complements the yarn so well.

Now, I guess I should concentrate on Son's new sweater. Or maybe some socks. Oooo! Lucky picked me up some new Socks that Rock! Maybe a scarf from Arctic Lace... Ahhh, back to my promiscuous knitting...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's amazing!!! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. It's gorgeous! It even looks good on the chair.

Fabolicious.

Unknown said...

It's really beautiful Sandra!! I hope to see you (and your Tuscany) at the Frolic.

Janis said...

Wow, fastest shawl ever? It's beautiful, I really want to grope at it a bit. Okay, a lot, I love Sea Silk.

smariek said...

That's gorgeous. How do you knit so fast?