Monday, April 23, 2007

recovery knitting

I got down to my Mom's around 1pm on Friday, and stayed through to Saturday late afternoon. She's doing great - thanks for all the good wishes. Yes, I made her a martini (a weak one) on Saturday! Her friends and neighbours were all over, making sure she was fine, and my SIL was planning on dropping by with the kids at least once a day for the next week, so Mom will have lots of company.

Mom was knitting socks - I brought her down some sock yarn from my stash, because she had used up all of hers - she even used up the odd bits in some cool stripy ones! Wish I had brought my camera...

I worked some more on my Lace Cravat, and my Son's sweater. Of course, this was not really a weekend made for knitting - it was a weekend made for getting outside! I've got a serious case of "bike butt" - we got the bikes out and spent a lot of time riding around - us and the rest of the world, it seemed. It was great to see so many people out and about. Unfortunately, still a little too early for gardening - the ground was still pretty spongy, and you can do more damage that good by raking and stuff too early. But that didn't stop me from checking out the new growths - my peonies are poking through, the hostas are starting to show, the crocus have already finished, but the daffs and tulips are going to show any time now...

But there was some knitting done, whilst sitting on the deck, enjoying a cocktail:

Son's sweater is taking shape - the first sleeve is almost done, I will start the second one soon. Then I'll stripe the body up to the matching point - join all pieces and start the raglan shaping. Should be done in time for the hot weather... Luckily, I made it big enough to fit for the fall.

The purple Leaf Cravat is almost done - just the final leaf at the end, and some blocking, and finished. The merino silk should block out nicely, and feel nice around the neck. I think I've found my Christmas Gift for all the girls on my list!

No comments: