Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter at the cottage

With the amount of chocolate I consumed, this CAN'T be a surprise...

Although, my hair was not this tamed, and I'll never tell what' s in the coffee cup... (but you can guess, from the smile, I would think.) Flip flops are definitely the show of choice (if there are even shoes on... however, this weekend it was wool socks and slippers - it was COLD!

We got up there on Thursday night, and it took a while to warm the place up - we had the fires going full blast, and the heat turned on. Throughout the weekend the small boys (son and nephew) played together and the big boys (husband and BIL) played together and I was blissfully left alone with my knitting and the TV! World curling championships, Masters golf, and a bunch of movies - talk about heaven.

I finished Hubby's Austermann Step socks - the aloe and jojoba wool feels really nice. I actually did the sewn cast off in the car on the way home, and I guess my sewing action kinda freaked Hubby out. He kept seeing the darning needle coming towards him out of the corner of his eye!

I also made great progress on the Sea Silk Tuscany shawl, and started a new sock out of Fleece Artist - after all the grey and brown, I needed a jolt of colour. Although you can't really see it here, it's a bright yellow, black and coral colourway.
For those that don't get the season changing that we do (CBM...) here's two shots of the ice on the lake - at this time of year, the ice is melting and changing on a daily basis - the first shot is Friday morning, the second Saturday morning:

And. so you can see what the boys do when left to their own devices, (and to prove that I did get off my arse and get outside...) Here's the boys "whacking the ice". Because everyone knows the ice will melt that much quicker when two 8 year old boys whack it with sticks...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend Sandra!

Anonymous said...

Just got back from my weekend up north. Brrrr! And it never seemed to stop snowing! But it was still nice, fireplace, Easter yum yums (can you say Lindt bunnies?) and me moving on to the leg of STR #2.