Monday, April 16, 2007

OK, so still no new pictures...

Sorry - but to be honest, there is nothing new that is picture-worthy. Tuscany is so close to being finished, but it just looks like a pile of black goo right now. Luscious, shimmery, silky black goo, but goo, nonetheless.

Once I finish, I will take blocking pictures, and something new, after the 28th, I will have modelled shots! (These are few and far between chez Curlerchik). I will get LuckyCanuck to take some pictures at the Knitters Frolic. (maybe we will find Amy, and I can get a shot of shawl and designer!)


I've started another sweater for my son, using some Cotton-Ease I found in the stash, but it's just a circlet of dark taupe stockinette. Exciting.

Here's something from the archives - My koolaid socks! I don't know if I've ever shown these - but I am extraordinarily pleased with them, and how they came to be. I had some Knitpicks Bare (or whatever it was called before they called it Bare). I knit up two stockinette "blanks" on my knitting machine, each using half the yarn. They I laid them out side by side in a big pyrex dish, and dyed them in three horizontal sections - green, blue and orange. Once dry, I rewound the blanks into balls, and made the socks. Although it sounds like a lot of work, to knit, then dye, then rip then reknit, those of you with machines know that knitting the blanks took me all of about 10 minutes, so it really wasn't time consuming at all.


(You can tell this isn't a current picture - my hostas, are mere dreams right now - not this lush!)

And, from my file of blog things...


You Are From Jupiter

You are exuberantly curious - and you love to explore newness.
Enthusiastic and optimistic, you get a kick out of stimulating intellectual discussions.
Foreign cultures and languages fascinate you. You love the outdoors, animals, and freedom.
Chances are you tend to exaggerate, so try to keep a lid on that.
If you do, you'll continue to be known for your confidence, generosity, and sense of justice.

3 comments:

Amy R Singer said...

I can't wait to see it! And miraculously, i WILL be at the frolic this year. So excited!

TracyKM said...

Love the socks! I'm so inspired by www.machineknittingtodyefor.com. I can see myself knitting up big blanks, dyeing them beautiful colours, and handknitting some Alice Starmore (fake) fair isle sweaters....then reality sets in and I realize it could be many years until any of that happens, LOL.

Unknown said...

What a cool idea for custom dyeing!! I might just have to give it a go.

I'm from Venus.