Friday, November 17, 2006

Still with the silly SPAM titles…

Fresh floozies want more hot lollipops (doesn’t everyone??)

Dirty cowgirls ride enormous weapons (I can’t say I’m really surprised…)

Was waffle be caloric (my English teacher would have conniptions over this grammar!)


So, I do actually have knitting content – I finished the blue cotton socks, and finally blocked the Fat Head Hat. (I will never look at this and think of it by any other name. I hope the recipient hates it so I don’t have to look at it much…)



I took a good look at my Christmas list and compared my “hope to have done for a gift” list to the “finished at ready to be given” box of stuff. Yeah. A little short there. I may still get it all done, but I think Hubby is going to get shorted again this year. He always gets the half done socks with a promise. He never really minds, because everyone else in the family gets knitted stuff once a year, and he is generally gifted much more often throughout the year. So he’s happy enough.

I do have a few more hats to get cracking on, especially those within the same immediate family. Can’t have one kid getting something that the others aren’t!! I may lose my “favourite aunt” status, and that’s not acceptable to me…

Looking forward to the weekend – for some reason, sleep has been a valuable commodity this week, and the demand has far exceeded the supply. Of course, son’s basketball game has been rescheduled tomorrow to 8:00 am. You read that right. That is not a normal time for a Saturday morning. But we will be there. It’s also MIL’s birthday tomorrow – wonder if Hubby remembers…

2 comments:

smariek said...

LOL, love the name you gave the hat. Good luck with moving items from the "hope to have done" to the "finished" list. I'm struggling with that myself, and understand the pressure of having something for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Any chance of you laying out all your Christmas gifts before wrapping and taking a picture for us??