Wednesday, November 22, 2006

my life meme

Stolen unabashedly from Cara



I guess it's pretty self-explanatory, but I should explain something. I loved my Dad, and he died 11 years ago. Although it seems like I do, I DO NOT spend my days moping around, remembering the minutae of our lives. I do lead a fairly normal, reasonably happy life, and do not dwell on the fact that my Dad died. Would I like him back? Absolutely. Would I trade the past 11 years? Not completely.

In other (knitting) news: I have almost finished another hockey team hat, and have started the third - that will take care of one family. Still have a few more things to start/finish/come up with ideas. 33 more days? No holidays in there? Yeah, I may be in trouble...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the power of your loss. I think those feelings become stronger at holiday times because we had more and richer contact with them during the holidays. I find that thoughts of both my parents creep into my consciousness at unexpected times and frequently. And each time, I then "review" that they died. Did those thoughts occur while they were alive, but the thoughts were not as powerful because they were just "normal" recollections of conversations, events, memories, and not sharpened with the now accompanying thoughts of the loss?
My dad died 6 years ago, and my mom died 5 years ago. I think of both of them often. Your blogs about your dad have resonated with me. Thanks. Marlyce in Windsor.