Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Still in the closet…

I’m still heterosexual, and still happily married, in case anyone thought I was switching teams. I’m still in the BLOGGING closet, people. I was kinda worried that my Aunt, when she went to Stephanie’s talk in Ottawa would find out about this here blog. But Aunt is too shy, and didn’t approach Stephanie. “She was surrounded by people, and I thought I’d let her be” was my Aunt’s comment. But, Steph did inspire Aunt to pick up the needles again – she bought Steph’s book, as well as sock yarn and needles. I hear she’s been back to Yarn Forward a few times since – can we say the beginnings of a stash?? So, Steph didn’t out me, and I can continue merrily along is virtual anonymity…
The funny thing is, after that, she was talking to her daughter, my cousin J. J lives in Montreal, and when her Mom started telling her about it, J broke in and was all “you mean that Harlot woman that was on CBC Radio?? I heard the interview!” It also seems that J is now inspired to pick up knitting again as well. She and I had both learned as kids, and she’s thinking of picking it up again. I’ve even got my Mom back at it. The last time I was there, I gave her some of my sock yarn (yeah, I have a little extra…) - after the week I spent with Mom during her recovery, she had watched me knitting socks, and now she wanted to pick it up again. So, she’s got the yarn, the pattern and the needles, and she’s off! We’ll convert the Muggles, one at a time…
My Homage to Franklin
Since I’m a little light on knitting pictures today (the Fat Head hat is done, but needs to be blocked), I thought I would share a picture of the wall beside my computer at work. Franklin makes me laugh out loud – I own two of his shirts and a mug, and if he ever puts the “P2tog” pattern on a t-shirt, I will SO own it as well…
Most people at work have work-related stuff on their walls – Me? Not so much…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, after getting canned at work back in 2004 and having to pack up my stuff fairly quickly, the amount of my own personal touches at work now has been drastically reduced. So my cube looks very staid. Except for the box of yarn under my desk that I STILL have to weigh and send to Tracy!