Friday, November 24, 2006

birthday booty

(No, my butt didn't get bigger. At least I'm pretty sure it didn't...)

Hubby and Son came through huge! Although Victorian Lace Today didn't make it, these did! (Hubby was suitably apologetic about the Lace book - he went to two Chapters stores, and nada! I have a promise for Christmas, but I may end up getting it before then - I'm impatient like that.

I'd heard good things about the Tracey Ullman book, and it will make a nice addition to the collection. And the Barbara Walkers! Swoon! I'm one book away from the complete set, and it's a bitch to find. But to get these two, well, let's just say, Hubby can avoid housework for a while! (Who am I kidding? He still has to do his share...)

There was also some cash from my Mom and my in-laws, and the usual gifts from assorted siblings - lottery tickets! Other than that - a pretty quiet day. I kept it pretty quiet at work - only my immediate boss knew, and he respected my wishes to keep it quiet. Lots of phone calls and emails from friends, so all in all, a good day.
Special dinner and cake are promised for Saturday - weekdays are just way too hectic to plan things like that around our place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tove has 2 copies left of Victorian Lace @ Needles & Knits.

smariek said...

I recently picked up Barbara Walker #3 and #4; I'm glad to finally have the complete set. Now I need to work on non-BW books... ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a nice hubby! Hope your dinner is going well as I type this, and that you'll be poring over your new books and knittin'!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Sandra, Happy Birthday to you!

It's always good to have some wishes fulfilled and some things still to dream about...