Thursday, November 23, 2006

missing the Florida sun


To all my American friends, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. For the past few years, I have been down in the States, celebrating right along with you. My Mom is normally in Florida during this time of year, and I have always spent this week with her, usually with a girlfriend, as it was our “Girl’s Golf Week Getaway”. We golf, we drink wine, we shop, I knit, she reads, we sit by the pool, Mom spoils us, it's a pretty good week. Hubby goes fishing with the boys for a week in June, so this evens it out. Unfortunately, Mom’s surgery last month kind of put the kibosh on her trip, let alone mine. So I am home for the first time in many a year during the American Thanksgiving week. My Christmas shopping is going to be seriously compromised by this, but at least I won't have to deal with Canada Customs as to why my golf bag weighs twice as much as it did when I entered the States...
On top of that, I am seriously bummed about not being away this year. This is one of those times when everything aligned, and a National Holiday fell on a pretty nice day...

Please note that I wouldn't normally post this - this is just another day, and I don't want or expect a fuss. But this morning, when my son woke up and the first words he said were a sleepy "Happy Birthday, Mom" - well, you'd have to be a pretty cold person not to appreciate that, so I felt I would share it. Plus no one here at work knows and it's nice to keep it that way. But sometimes, you just have to tell a few people...
Also, keep our fingers crossed for a new book waiting for me tonight - I've dropped enough hints (and emailed enough links) about Victorian Lace Today...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well...
happy birthday, dear sandra!
it is also my birthday!fancy that!
hope you get your book.
i'll let you know if i get what i have been dropping hints about ( bad sentence, but what the heck!)
have a great day!

CatBookMom said...

Hippo Birdie Two Ewe
Hippo Birdie Two Ewe
Hippo Birdie Deer Ewe
Hippo Birdie Two Ewe!

And many hippo returns!

Page down to see the card on the 4th row left.
http://dragonfire1.50megs.com/Boynton/cardbirth02.htm

TracyKM said...

Hippy Bird Day!

I like keeping it a secret sometimes too. But it's also fun (for now) to have people guess how old I'm turning :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday and all that jazz! Hope it came with the book!!