Monday, June 07, 2010

stash busting - in two ways...

This was a quick little project I had going on the side (along with Red Green, the pink and brown shawl and some socks - yeah, I have a problem with monogamy...)

I found two balls of Rowan Yorkshire Tween Aran weight when I was tearing apart the stash for the rest of the Rowan Lime Green (still MIA...). I had an idea for a little sweater - short sleeved, and then the body as long as the wool held out. What happened was this: I really like it. I usually don't use aran or heavier yarn, but I like the rustic-ness of this, plus the flecks are very pretty - it really is blue, green and teal, all in one. Stash busting at it's best - there was nothing left over.

The second part of the stash busting was figuring out what to wear with this. I headed to my closet first - a few options, but nothing outstanding, so down to the sewing room, and into the linen stash.

Yup - this watercolour print looks good - lets see it draped on the mannequin:okay, looks good (maybe not in this tent-like look, however! But the colours really work well together.(and have I mentioned my love of linen?)

Now for a pattern - a dress... one that will work with a short sweater - no sleeves, somewhat dressy (may be needed for the interview rounds...)

Perfect!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh!!!

Acorn to Oak said...

This sweater is adorable and the fabric looks great with it! I can't believe how fast you can knit something up. It's amazing! :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the sweater, and the watercolour fabric - but linen??? Wrinkle-city!!
What's the latest on the job???
Nancy

Saren Johnson said...

That will be a lovely set. Can't wait to see them finished.

VeganCraftastic said...

I love that little sweater!

VeganCraftastic said...

I love that little sweater!