Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I got my camera back...

Unfortunately, I got it back quite late at night (after I was asleep, to be honest), and only had a chance to take a picture of the pink and brown scarf. (There will be no pictures of the giant Mr. Peanut balloon - I had no camera the day it was on the ground - sorry!)
This shawlette/scarf took me almost two balls of Punta yarn - I lost the ball bands, so I can't tell you any more than that. I bought it at Mary's Yarns in Unionville - a lovely little yarn store near my present place of employment.
No pattern - I just started with a few stitches and increased down the middle and at each end on every right side row. I kept the first and last three stitches on each row in garter stitch, and did a few rows of garter at the end to prevent curling.

This is super soft, and will be great for my Mom at Christmas - she loves pink, and has a great brown jacket.

It was great baseball knitting - no pattern, and very little attention needed.

Now I need another easy pattern for those games...

5 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

The shawl is very pretty. Way to be supportive about sports and still get some knitting done.

Sel and Poivre said...

I just love pink and brown together!

Cindy G said...

I love that kind of auto-pilot project. And the shawl really shows how a beautiful yarn can make a basic project elegant.

Needles said...

Is that a sport/dk weight Punta Yarn, soft and lofty? Mericash perchance? Chunkier, pure wool? Merisoft? Either way, it is a scrumptious yarn to wear. Perfect.

Other patterns? Look for Churchmouse Yarns patterns. Simple stunning little things. If you can't find them local to you, let me know. I have a source. I'll send some.

Carol said...

vey nice. I am hunting for easy pattern for my silk Rumple yarn. And I think a small shawlette might just fit the bill. thanks for the idea!