Thursday, June 17, 2010

spring = sewing in my life...

Spring and summer always seem to reawaken my sewing mojo.

Last weekend I finished my watercolour linen top and skirt (pictures to come once the weather and lighting co-operate), and while I was buying buttons for the top, 4 lengths of fabric just seemed to magically appear in my basket. Not sure how it happened, but whatever. I've already pre-washed them, so I guess I can't return them!

Combining my love of linen with my insatiable need for border prints - this black linen with 2 shades of turquoise embroidery along one edge. Definitely a skirt, somewhat full, probably with pleats at the waist, or possibly more fitted.
The turquoise cotton is for a simple blouse to go with the linen. (It really is turquoise - look, I'll show you:
(the blue will not photograph as blue up against the black, it seems)
Continuing the linen/embroidery theme, this beige linen with black all over embroidery - not sure what it will be, probably my tried and true sleeveless fitted top pattern.
it's a deeper beige than is showing here...

Last but not least, this white cotton that is over embroidered with black and screen printed with the brown flowers. So pretty, and will also be a simple summer blouse.

I may start cutting things tonight...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, those are fantastic!!! I love summer fabrics.

Saren Johnson said...

You'll have some lovely clothes when you're done.

Sel and Poivre said...

I yearn to sew in January...isn't it funny how the seasons can prompt crafty things?

BTW,'love the embroidered fabrics!

Anonymous said...

You must have the prettiest summer wardrobe! You've been so busy with everything; the shawl is pretty and will be so versatile.

CatBookMom

Acorn to Oak said...

I love the border print fabric for the skirt and the coordinating turqouise for the blouse. Can't wait to see it! :-)