Friday, June 18, 2010

interview outfit

As there is a distinct possibility that I will be interviewing for potential new jobs this summer, some interview clothes seemed like a good idea.

Hence the watercolour print linen to go with the little blue sweater I knit.
(There's some foreshortening here - it's not a mini skirt, rather it hits me right above the knee cap. I seem to have angled these shots badly.) I had originally planned on making a dress, but decided on two pieces for more versatility. Plus, the top is my favourite of the moment pattern for a sleeveless top - it fits well, and looks good. The match to the sweater was just one of those lucky breaks, and I'm really happy with the outcome.

The skirt was from a pattern I drafted using the instructions in the book Sew What? Skirts! Great book - very useful.

The buttons were what I was after when I bought all that other fabric.

although the buttons run all the way up the back, the top still slips on without having to unbutton them. Did I mention this is my favourite pattern right now?

10 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

One. Word. WOW!

Saren Johnson said...

Nice!!!

Anonymous said...

That is pretty fantabulous. Love it with the sweater - I love, love, love navy.

Anonymous said...

And the pattern for that top is????
Lovely outfit.

Brendaknits said...

Your summer wardrobe looks fab! The sweater is so gorgeous - just he right 'office' touch for the outfit.

Anonymous said...

Great outfit! Simple, classic and versatile.

CatBookMom

deirdre said...

So nice - I can't decide what I like best - the fabric, the pattern, or the way everything works together...

Carol said...

I love the whole tunic-top look! It's great over skirts, skinny pants, 'blousy' pants (is that a word? I hope you know what I mean, really wide, drapey pants)

Acorn to Oak said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

can you tell us what the pattern for the top is or is it also one you drafted for yourself?

Cheers, Barbie O. in Montreal