Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm such an idiot, v2.0

I reformatted the memory card in my camera. Yes, that means I lost all the pictures that were stored there. Thankfully, not a ton, but all the pictures of the kids taken at the cottage on our holidays. This year's picture of my husband and son - every August since the boy was a baby, I have the two of them sit on a rock out in front of our cottage - it's fun to see the growth over the years. I can recreate this one this weekend, but my son and his cousin kayaking... swimming... generally being the best friends that they are... gone.

Crap.

On a good note, I have split the sleeves off on the Kauni cardigan, and I have to say how much I love this sweater. I really hope it looks good once I finish, becasue I'm going to wear it regardless. I hope to get more done on it this weekend at the cottage, so will take pictures after. If I don't royally srew up my camera again...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh - total sympathy on the loss of the photos. We lost hundreds of vacation/family photos once from the computer. Remember to download your photos everyone, and then to burn them onto cds for backup.
Glad you get the chance to recreate son/hubby on the rock, though.

Sel and Poivre said...

Annual pics are such a great idea!You weren't an idiot to reformat - you were smart to take the annual father and son shot early so at you have a chance to make it up now!

deirdre said...

I'm telling you, we need t-shirts... as you told me, we are a club - doesn't help with the frustration, but nice to know we are not alone...

as for the male inability to independently perform household tasks, I also believe it's a genetic flaw, and although I've been working diligently to help my sons overcome it, in my heart I don't think it can be done... I think blatant and obvious must be the rule...

Anonymous said...

Crum. I'm sorry!

Can't wait to see the Kauni!