Tuesday, August 12, 2008

atonement

Okay, so I felt sorry for the Alpaca socks, and I knit on the second one last night exclusively. Poor Kauni sweater sat in it's bag, watching me. I could almost imagine it thinking "what did I do wrong? we were so close for the past week, and now she throws me over for that hussy sock!"
But lunch time knitting and soccer game knitting is really not the place for colourwork, so the sock made an appearance. I made pretty good progress, and it reminded me just how lovely this yarn is. I should finish these soon... (famous last words...)

This past week at the cottage wasn't all about the Kauni, however. I finished the revamped Disco lights silk-sequin-bamboo woven scarf: (Excuse the hanging thread there - I still have to weave in the ends). After ripping out the original incarnation (remarkably easy to do), I rewarped the loom, brought it north, and wove this while watching the final two nights of So You Think You Can Dance?. The boys in my life took off to the dock for fishing while I did this, so I had uninterrupted weaving time, and this was the result. About 10 inches wide, and almost 5 feet long. I love it. It shows off the Disco Lights yarn very nicely, and will be a nice addition to the wardrobe for fall. The sequins are subtle enough that it doesn't have to be kept for "special occasions". You know, since I go to so many galas, functions and such that require a "special occasion wardrobe". Yeah, right.

6 comments:

Needles said...

That looks really really nice.

But I am so NOT going to follow you there. and maybe if I keep saying it often enough I will have the strngth to leave weaving alone.

Carol said...

Very nice. As far as I am concerned, just getting to work is a special occasion. .

Philosophical Karen said...

Wow, that's a lovely scarf. Were you happy Jacob won (SYTYCD)?

Philosophical Karen said...

Sorry, I meant Joshua. Jacob is a character in a book I just finished reading.

Anonymous said...

Careful. A lot of women are going to be petting your Disco when you wear it.

Sel and Poivre said...

I love the way those sequins sparkle! It looks like a scarf that you'll want to put on every time you walk out the door. (Hopefully not for a month or two yet though!)