Monday, August 11, 2008

coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Back from the cottage, and I wish I wasn't. I hate having to wear shoes again...

I could have finished the Alpaca socks, as well as the other pair of socks I had on the go. I should have finished them - they are perfect for dock knitting. I would have finished them if I hadn't been distracted. I am utterly entranced by this Kauni yarn. Utterly. Entranced. It sucks you in and holds on, making you forsake all else.

I ordered the extra yarn I felt I needed from the Needle Emporium on the Wednesday before we went on holidays, and it was sitting on my doorstep two days later, before we left. That's some good customer service. It was my first time ordering, and it won't be my last. Julie even sent me followup e-mails confirming everything and ensuring that it was shipping. While I was ordering the rainbow colourway, I may have also ordered enough of the green colourway for another sweater. Yes, I'm weak. I want to use the damask pattern or Celtic knot pattern that I've charted, so the green will be for that, in probably a pullover. The rainbow one above is a cardigan, top down, raglan shaping - a pattern I'm sort of cobbling together myself. I took a basic top down raglan, but since it was for worsted weight, and the Kauni is thinner, I had to do the math on the numbers. I did a provisional e-wrap cast on at the top so I can pick up the stitches and do some sort of neck edging (I haven't thought that far ahead yet). I'm almost at the break for the sleeves - this pattern is just flowing beautifully. I don't even have to look at the chart I made anymore, and a top down raglan is great for sizing on the go.
There was some weaving done as well - the re sized sequined silk and bamboo scarf is done, but I forgot to download that picture, so you'll have to wait. Now I'm off to rediscover my house and job and life. Groceries, soccer games and laundry. The fun never stops...

5 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Kauni yarn is on my list... Not sure I could do it justice, though, looking at your beautiful cardigan.

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh I can totally understand how the socks fell off the radar - that piece is too fabulous!

Carol said...

One of my goals in life is to achieve the "shoeless lifestyle". and I don't mean by living in a cardboard box!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, gorgeous!

Ninne said...

This is great!!! Very nice knitting! Could you please tell me which colours og Kauni you use? I am going to knit a shawl and am searching for nice combinations of Kauni colors.
I would be very happy if you send me an answer. Sorry for my bad english!