Tuesday, August 26, 2008

happy dance time!

It came! It came! The long awaited extra skein of Laceweight Icelandic wool! Woo Hoo! (even the bag it arrived in is cool (and has contact information - excellent!)
So many thanks go to Tove and her daughter. Her daughter, who lives in Norway, got married here in Canada a few weeks ago. In the midst of Tove sewing the stunning wedding dress, and Elizabeth knitting the most gorgeous veil, and Tove organizing everything involved in hosting a wedding with multitudes of guests from overseas, she thought to ask one of the guests who was coming from Iceland to bring me a skein of the yarn I needed. Not only this, but her daughter actually called the guest to remind him of this favour! Words cannot express the thanks I have for people I have never met, nor will I probably ever meet. Tove of course, blew it off like it was nothing, but it was so totally SOMETHING! I am blessed to have not only a LYS owner who would do this, but a friend. I am verklempt.


Now, to find the pattern, figure out where I left off, and FINISH IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, cool! Have fun!

Unknown said...

Schoolhouse Press also carries this yarn. We buy it from them and I carry it at my shoppe. Lovely yarn.