Friday, September 07, 2007

Waterloo County Knitters Fair

Or, as we all know it - Kitchener. Kitchener is tomorrow, and I will be there. I'm dropping young son at his grandmother's tonight until Sunday. "Nanny" (my mom) is looking forward to it, as is young son. They have plans for swimming, spending time with his cousins (my brother and his family live close to my Mom), and generally having the same kind of fun I had when I got to spend a weekend with my Nanny. Ah, the more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.
One would think all kinds of good things would be happening at chez Curlerchik this weekend, sans child. Alas, Husband is working his tail off, and I don't think he'll be home much before midnight between now and next Tuesday when this project delivers.
So, after I drive to Mississauga and back tonight I get:
an empty house with control of the TV and all the quiet knitting time I want tonight.
a bus trip to Kitchener (bus, so I can knit all the way there and back - with the York Guild and Barrie Guild. Draw prizes, and general knitting fun!
another evening alone with my knitting and the TV
A Sunday morning sleep in (OK, here's some time for Hubby and I!!), and time to hit a few bead shops before back to Mississauga to get child.
Yeah, I'm just going to HATE this weekend...

If anyone is looking for me in Kitchener, I'll have my bright yellow messenger bag that says I KNIT. I have no idea what I'll be wearing - it will still be early when I get dressed. Hopefully I at least match. I can pretty much guarantee that there will be flip flops on my feet, though. You will probably find me elbow deep in some yarn at pretty much every booth, however!
Carol, I'll be looking for you in your grey Tomato!

See you there!

3 comments:

deirdre said...

I can't wait, either - I'll be watching for your messenger bag...

Anonymous said...

Bright yellow messenger bag. Got it.

TracyKM said...

I'll be wearing (if it is dry!) "Lotus Tank" from the cover of Interweave Summer 2006? If it's not dry, then I have no idea, but I will be without a baby in a sling this time! I'll look for you!