Thursday, September 20, 2007

the beads, the beads...

I finally took a modelled picture of the beaded choker. I actually plan on wearing this with my black velvet turtleneck, but since it's hot around here, I was not putting a turtleneck on. (Plus, I would have to dig in my closet to find it, and well, I didn't want to do that...I love this even more today. What is hard to see is the construction of the choker. It's set up so that it's like little cones, attached side by side - created by increasing the number of beads in each section. For example, the first two rows each have one bead between stitches, the next 2 rows have two, then three, four then at the bottom, just before the dagger beads are knit in, there are 5 beads between the stitches. This creates the cone like structure, and adds a heaviness and luxuriousness to the piece. While I would be happy to make this again, I have a bookful of other designs that I want to try, and I still have a whack of socks and stuff to get knitted up for Christmas. My 27 year old dancer nephew wants legwarmers and slippers, I have standing orders for at least 8 pairs of socks each Christmas, the River Rock scarf is calling my name, and I want to get at my Sheepstrings Rainbow Yarn for me!!

Speaking of the Sheepstrings, I may have decided what I want to do with it, but I need help. Rachel H, Steph and Emma! The sweater that Emma made and showed us at Kitchener - the blue one, that she used Briggs and Little for the body and something else for the sleeves - it had an interesting slit kind of a neckline, and I CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE THE PATTERN WAS FROM! Anyone? help please? I can coordinate the Sheepstrings with a solid colour for the body...

And just for fun, I forgot to show you what I bought when I was at the Zoo.

PooPoo Paper. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this book - the paper is too rough to use as one of my sketch books, but I love the fact that the paper is made of poo. I'm so easily amused...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
This is your Aurora lurker here. I LOVE the choker! Does it have a name? I'm going to do a search for Brenda Franklin kits.
Pat

deirdre said...

The choker is just stunning - I have a couple of friends for whom that would be a perfect Christmas gift!

Also, when you figure it out, will you share your plans for the Sheepstring? I've also got one skein of it, and apart from constant fondling haven't come up with a decent thought around it...

Anonymous said...

Dayum that's a hot modeled necklace shot. It's gorgeous.

If I remember correctly, Emma's was wearing a Tubey sweater, which I'm pretty sure is a Knitty pattern. Check there.

Carol said...

Poo paper! Too funny! and the choker...*swoon* *thud*