Wednesday, September 05, 2007

this isn't where I work...

... but some days, it feels like it! (My apologies to Turkeys & More, I'm sure they are a wonderful company, and if they're hiring, I hope they call me...)
I wish I could go into detail about the crap that goes on at work, but I don't want to get Dooced, so I have to keep it in. The ladies at my Guild meeting last night got a sampling of the crap that I put up with. And as far as crossing your fingers for me last week - I did have an interview, and they loved me, but I'm not going to take it - less money, more hours, less vacation, and I'm not sure the atmosphere would be much better. Dang. Oh well, I'll keep looking...

I've reunited myself with a couple of scarves - the Montego Bay in luscious laceweight merino / tussah silk blend, and the River Rock scarf in Shelridge Farms handpaint:

It's hard to see the beading in the River Rock - sorry, it was raining and dark this morning - I'll try to get a closeup soon. Both of these are planned Christmas gifts for someone on my list. (I don't often have a particular person in mind when I knit - I usually gather all the gifts together at some point and start assigning them to people).

Last night at our Guild meeting, Tove, the owner of Needles and Knits talked about her knitting trip to Finland - fascinating stuff, and the knitting! Techniques that are so unique, and if it wasn't for workshops like the ones she attends, these techniques would die out. Thankfully, there are people that are willing to teach and learn them. A side note about Tove - never fly with this woman! She loses her luggage EVERY time she gets near an airplane! She also misses enough connecting flights that her kids, when they were meeting her plane in Norway, didn't even bother to meet the original flight, as she never seems to make it! They came for the next one. (Of course, this time, she made the first flight). I repeat, as much as I enjoy Tove's company - I will never fly with her - even her husband doesn't - he goes a couple of days before or after her.

We also had quite a few new members last night - I think a number of them came to Stephanie's talk, and decided to join the Guild - Welcome ladies, if you're reading this. Special welcome to Deb Gemmell, as she says she does read this! Hi Deb! Deb and I think we have curled against each other when I was still heaving rocks down the ice. Damn, I want to get back into curling soon! I don't want to have to change my blog name... And Deb? Would you please write up the pattern for that top down lace cardi you showed last night? I love it! I want to knit it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy kookamunga Sandra!!! You want to knit a sweater!!! You never knit sweaters!!! But it was really nice, I agree!

Nancy

Needles said...

I used to suffer from the same problem you do. I tried more crochet, more embroidery and other things with needles and strings, and found it wasn't enough. My solution was I took up knitting on top of all the rest.

Seeing how you already have the knitting part covered, I strongly suggest more knitting, more stash aquiring and some workshops. Oh and new books. Tell people its for your health.

Cabin Fever said...

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for the welcome. I really enjoyed myself at the guild meeting.
I am working on writing the lace cardigan. It's sooo much easier to knit than it is to write down. I'm going to have to knit another one as I write which is my extremely inefficient way of doing things. Good thing I really enjoyed knitting the pattern.
I'll keep you posted.
Deb

Anonymous said...

Do I get kudos for spurring you along to finishing the River Rock? I bet it's fab-o!

Anonymous said...

me too!

Anonymous said...

i mean, i would also love to have that pattern. the jacket looked lovely!