Friday, September 28, 2007

trading one obsession for the next...

Remember these?
(32 at last count, and probably more to come...)

Haven't touched them in over a week. Right now I'm totally enthralled with Tubey, and the Sheepstrings yarn.
One thing I was worried about - Tubey's sleeves start off being knit back and forth for the back part, then you join in the round to continue the sleeves. I'm using a variegated hand painted wool for this, and you know what happens sometimes. You switch from flat knitting to round, and the patterning changes. The flat part was lovely and random, with no discernable pattern, and I was hoping for the same look down the sleeve. Now, if it pooled, that would have been fine, but I really liked the random look, so I was hoping for that.

Can you tell where I started knitting in the round?
Now you can. No change. (Doing a little happy dance here). I think the fact that I am knitting from two balls at once is probably helping with this, as it would break up any pooling or flashing. Whatever. I'm absolutely in love with this.
I also have a confession to make. I didn't swatch. I guessed. and so far... I guessed right. Keep fingers crossed this remains so...
As I mentioned previously, I am on vacation next week. I'm not really going anywhere - I have a TON of stuff that needs attention in the house, so this is my week to do it. There is a field trip to Black Creek Pioneer Village one day with a class of third graders, and there may be visits to bead stores and yarn stores. One never knows... One thing for sure - I plan on sewing some stuff - I have grandiose plans for some skirts and tops, a dress or two, and some knitting accessories. I'll post when I can. See ya!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely yarn. Looks good. Can't wait for the finished project....

Anonymous said...

The title of your post is sooo apropos for me...except I'm trying to convince myself to trade my knitting obsession for a cleaning house obsession...obviously not working well...I'm reading knitting blogs instead :) Lovely yarn you have there.