Thursday, September 06, 2007

I beg to differ...

Nancy commented that I never knit sweaters. Not true. I KNIT lots of sweaters. I don't FINISH many sweaters, but I do knit them... I start them with the greatest of intentions, but then I get distracted... I think I need to stop knitting for so many other people. Then I can concentrate on larger projects. I did make my son that spider sweater this year, and I do have another one on the needles for him, (just the second sleeve and yoke to do)
I always sit at Guild meetings and drool over all the sweaters that people are churning out. Admittedly, I don't have a great deal of free time, and sweaters do take a fair chunk of time. I am also notoriously fickle - another detrimental attitude trait when it comes to committing to a sweater!

Maybe that should be my plan for Kitchener this weekend - a sweater's worth of wool for me...

(Yes, Nancy, I have arranged child care for the weekend, and will be on the bus to Kitchener! WooHoo! I also have prizes for the raffle draw...)


Back to the River Rock scarf for a sec - I took some more pictures, to try and show the beading, but this yarn is notoriously hard to photograph - I think the combination of the variegated black and white and the crystal beads just don't want to behave. But this is the best of the lot, so hopefully, you can get an idea of the format. It's really going to be lovely when done, and a tough one to give away. It's a toss up between two of my SIL as to who is going to get it - neither of them has received a lace or beaded project, and it's their turn. Looks like a coin toss in December if I get it done! And yes, Lucky, you do get credit for making me pick this up again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO gorgeous! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Yay, yay!! Oh yay, oh yay!!!
See you on the bus!!!
Say thank you from me to whoever is on childcare duty. After all, if you weren't there, who would win all the prizes!!!!!!!!!
;)
Nancy