Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hit me with an idiot stick

Last night, I decide the call of the the Sheepstrings Canadian Autumn yarn (My name for it) was too strong to resist. So I grabbed the wound balls, hit Knitty.com for the Soleil pattern, and sat down to get started. Then I read the pattern. I want to make a larger than normal size, as I am planning on wearing it as a vest, with a shirt underneath. So I need about 700-800 metres of yarn. Wait a minute...If each of these skeins is 238 metres, and I have two... well, I know enough math to know that I am severely short of yarn. Crap! Now I have to revise my thoughts on this yarn. Any suggestions? I don't really want a scarf, hat or mitts. I'm thinking maybe a shrug, but not something like the One Skein Wonder - I want something a little more drapey. With the metreage available (around 500 metres), I'm not sure what I'm going to get - I may have to get out the design thoughts - Maybe a top down, swingy kind of cropped cardi, with cropped sleeves. Maybe I can find some coordination yarn for he cuffs and collar to stretch it out a bit. Damn. I was pissed last night.

There may have been some stringing of beads done to try and calm myself...

It may have worked...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Its Karen from SheepStrings.....

I am so glad you are lovin the yarn but so sad that you are having trouble finding a project for it.....What about a scarf like shrug that goes around the shoulder with a cuff and a partially sewn seam for the arm...with a little picot edging?? I know you are thinking if something for yourself but there is enough for a little top down sweater for a special little someone as well....

Hope that helps!

Karen

Carol said...

While the beads are lovely, stringing them hardly seems restful to me!