Friday, March 30, 2007

heading to the weekend...

A late start today - Hubby had to go to London this morning, so I was on school drop off duty, which of course got me to work late. Luckily, there are a ton of people out of the office today, so it really wasn't noticed much, except on our attendance report. Yes, you read that correctly. We have a daily attendance taken and sent company wide by email. It's the most degrading thing, and people have quit because of it. Oh well.

I took pictures of the Tuscany shawl. It's actually further along than this, but I couldn't take pictures this morning, because my husband was awake, and well, it's hard to explain why I'm taking pictures of the first 4 inches of a shawl. (He doesn't know about the blog, yet. No one in my family or circle of 3D friends, other than the knitters know.)

Here's the progress as of early last night - another repeat has been added by now.

Here's the up close shot - hopefully your monitor will let you see how beautiful the Handmaiden Sea Silk is. The colours just seem to shine from within. I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of this when it's done.
Have a great weekend - we'll be celbrating the birthday of my very own April Fool on Sunday. I knew it when I married him, and it's been great. (It will also be 15 years of marriage 3 days after that!)
Cute story - MIL had been a nurse at the hspital in their small town, and the staff liked to play jokes. Hubby has two older sisters - when he was born, the nurses brought out twin girls to show his dad. FIL told them to take them back, he already had two of those at home! I feel for the ACTUAL father of the twin girls - can you imagine what they said to Hubby's dad? April Fool! these kids are actually for THAT guy over there...

6 comments:

Janis said...

That shawl is going to be gorgeous. I had my first grope of Sea Silk the other day and it's the first yarn I'm buying when this nasty purge is over.

Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Also, attendance at work? That is one of the worst things I've ever, ever heard and I've had a load of crappy jobs.

Unknown said...

It looks really beautiful Sandra!!

TracyKM said...

That shawl is stunning. Where is the pattern from?
When I was pregnant with Megan, I had terrible terrible nausea (couldn't drink coffee, remember, LOL, but yours smelled great!). I told Rob on April 1 that that meant a high chance of twins!
Have a great weekend, and happy anniversay (soon)

Molly said...

The sea silk is so beautiful. I'll have to hunt some of that down. Happy Birthday to your special guy and Happy Anniversary to both of you. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I can't find your email address. Please email me through by blog profile so I'll have it for next time. Thanks MT

Theresa said...

I was pleasantly surprised at how much my family, fiance, and non-knitting friends like to keep up with my life by reading the blog. Give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully we'll be seeing that gorgeous shawl done soon!

And can you imagine a baby-swtiching April Fool's joke done these days? That nurse would be taken down by an ETF team and wrestled to the floor and cuffed!