Thursday, March 22, 2007

my apolgies to Amy Singer

I know the book is called No Sheep For You - I am staring right at it. I love this book - the patterns are phenomenal. My husband wants the hemp sweater, I think the silk mosaic sweater with the lace sleeves is delicious.
I adore the River Rock Scarf - so much so, that I strung beads last night while watching Survivor. So why am I apologizing? Because I'm making the scarf from (gasp!) merino. Don't get me wrong, I love the protein and plant fibres - cottons, hemps, linen, silk - especially silk. But I had the wonderful Shelridge Farms Handpaint Merino, and these silver lined rocaille beads, and they went so well together... I caved.

But - don't they look smashing together?


And Amy? Not to worry - I have two luscious skeins of Handmaiden Sea Silk set aside for Tuscany. That's going to happen very soon...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy's all bark and quite forgiving! It looks gorgeous!!

Amy R Singer said...

when did i ever bark? {pout}

sandra, you know you have my full support if you want to knit the whole book in woolly stuff. :-) and damn, the yarn you chose is perfectly gorgeous. can't wait to see it finished, but you'll understand if i don't touch. :-)

TracyKM said...

Wasn't that yarn going to be socks? LOL. Knit with whatever floats your boat. I don't think this warrants a call to the knitting police :)
We were at Yonge St and Bloomington Sideroad on Sat afternoon and I tried so hard to get my husband to turn north! Perhaps the next time we go that way I'll do the driving....