Wednesday, March 28, 2007

ho hum...

I'm feeling bogged down - nothing is getting finished, everything seems to be in the black hole of "midway through".
The River Rock scarf is coming along - I'm almost finished the first ball of yarn. The nice thing about using pure merino is the spit splice option. I can string on a number of beads, and once they are used up, I can cut the yarn, string some more and wet splice it back together - no ends to weave in, and no huge amount of beads getting in the way.
I actually did finish the second pair of fingerless mitts using the Lindenhof wool mohair blend. These will be for Son's friend E who's birthday is coming up. She goes to the same sitter as Son, and since I gave the first pair of Lindenhof mitts to J the sitter, E demanded (as only 8 year old girls can) a pair just like them. I love this kid - she and my son act like an old married couple, best friends one minute, bickering the next. It's funny. So, she's getting the mitts for her birthday in April.
Speaking of birthdays - Monday past was my Mom's 75th, and my nephew's 11th, This Friday is another nephew's 9th, April 1st is Hubby's 48th, April 4th is our anniversary, the 14th is another nephew's 13th, and the 28th is ANOTHER nephew's First Communion! Geez, Hallmark makes a mint off us in April...
Lucky will note that the First Communion coincides with the DKC Knitter's Frolic - no worries - the family thing is later in the day - we will still satisfy our cravings for yarn...
I'm working away on a couple of pairs of socks - the Austermann Step for Hubby and a cotton pair for BIL. Plus, I have some Cotton-Ease for another sweater for Son - he loves his Spider sweater so much, I will make him one in tones of dark taupe, grey and green - I'm thinking of cables or some such thing... I will probably start this on Easter weekend - a rarity for us in a family that shares a cottage - we get it to ourselves for the long weekend! The rest of the family is busy with Easter-type stuff. The benefit of being the heathens of the family, Easter to us is really just about turkey, chocolate and a long weekend!

No comments: