Tuesday, February 27, 2007

cleansing...

Coming up for air...
Man, I meant to have this ready for posting yesterday, but yesterday, things just exploded at work! It's OK, it was in a good way - I just got massively busy, and every one wanted a piece of me all at the same time. You know you're busy when you blow off the owner (and signer of my paycheque!) becasue I'm talking to a guy in Egypt, with guys in China and India both on hold and refusing my voice mail - they need to talk to ME, NOW! It worked out OK, and made some people realize part of what I do, when I can put out three fires on the other side of the world, all before my third cup of coffee!

The Cleansing Part...
So who knew that posting pictures of all my WIPs would make me take a good hard look at them?

Total count so far of the 11 or so poor neglected WIPS:

3 frogged. (In addition to the silk shawl and the leaf lace shawl, I also frogged the dark green alpaca Moebuis cowl. I wasn't feeling the love. Love the pattern, love the yarn. Just not together.

4 finished. In addition to the red ruffle and the fingerless mitts, I also finished up my STR socks (colourway Metamorphic) and the fish hat.
The fish hat will probably go to my Father in Law - he is joining Hubby on Hubby's annual fishing trip this year, and it will probably be a little chilly way up north in May, so this should come in handy.
And the socks. I'm in love with these socks. I love, love, love them! The yarn is stellar - Socks that Rock really do rock! It's sproingy, lush and perfect for socks. And the colourway is beautiful. LuckyCanuck picked this out for me, and she did a great job. I am keeping these. For some reason they look a lot shorter in the picture than they are in real life.

So what's next on the finishing parade? Well. possibly one of the three new projects I cast on this weekend... What? You thought I would change my ways?? Fat chance...

3 comments:

TracyKM said...

Cleansing is a good word for it.
Rob sometimes gets fustrated with me when I rip something out. I point out that he does all his design work on a computer--and it nevers goes from first draft to the shop floor! While I love the action of knitting, and researching/prep, I also love having finished items that I love. If you don't feel that love while knitting, you usually don't feel it when it's all done!

Anonymous said...

Love the fish hat - very nice. And I'm feeling the sock, as a virgin sock knitter I'm always on the lookout for new patters...

Anonymous said...

Am I good or what? Very cool hat. Very, very cool hat.

Your international post reminded me that today I spoke to our account rep who is based in Charleston, South Carolina and she was lamenting that it's SPRING there and wasn't able to be outside. Good Lord. It's like when I was in Vancouver one March and walked around gawking at the flowers in bloom. Clearly marked as not being a local in any way, shape or form.