Friday, February 09, 2007

blog filler...

I got nothing. I stole this from Marcy at Purls Before Swine - a new favoutite blog - I'm working my way through her archives - Man, she makes me laugh out loud...

Yes, work still sucks. I expect next week to be worse. Yes, I am sending out hundreds of resumes and getting in touch with a head hunter this weekend. Yes, I am buying lottery tickets in bulk...

A - Age: 45 later this year.
B - Band listening to right now: Lynyrd Skynyrd.
C - Future Career: retired (could be sooner rather than later!).
D - Dad's name: James Edward.
E - Easiest person to talk to: Sue.
F - Favorite song: Wow. too many to choose from. A lot of songs will transport me back to a moment in time, and I will enjoy the ride. I love Kate Bush, Old Genesis, Skynyrd... plus lots of new stuff. Our wedding songs were Extreme's More than Words, and Harry Connick's It Had To Be You. I can also belt out Ella Fitzgerald while I drive (alone).
G - Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: Not that fond of the gummy stuff.
H - Hometown: Aurora, ON, but born in Montreal, QC.
I - Instruments: ummm, I took some guitar lessons once... I rocked the recorder in grade seven...
J - Job: Senior Sales Analyst (for the moment...)
K - Kids: 1 son - 8 years old
L - Longest car ride ever: From Toronto to St. Louis to see some friends - we stopped in Columbus, Ohio to see my University roommate and stayed over. I never did the Florida drive - I always flew down...
M - Mom's name: Marie Jeanne Pauline Liliane
N - Number of people you’ve slept with: Not going there, thank you very much!
P - Phobia: driving over a bridge. Just driving. I can walk on a rope bridge above a gorge, but don't put me in a car over one.
Q - Quote: "Sanity is overrated"
R - Reason to smile: My family and being at the cottage with friends
S - Song you sang last: Gimme Three Steps by Lynryd Skynyrd - very loud, and very badly!
T - Time you wake up: 5:30am Monday to Friday, otherwise it's whenever my son decides it's time., usually around 8:30 - 9:00am
U - Unknown fact about me: I am part plastic. And NO - I do NOT have implants of the boobage kind! Think urinary tract rebuild and it's keeping me alive.
V - Vegetable you hate: Brussels Sprouts - they smell like my old high school locker room.
W - Worst habit: hmm... so many to choose from... Procrastination maybe? Oh well, I just think about this one later...
X - X-rays you've had: Let's start at the top and work down. Two skull - to see if I had concussions - yes both times. Neck after whiplash in car accident. Left shoulder after dislocation. Left elbow after dislocation. Left wrist after break. Right wrist after sprain. Both hands after numerous finger breaks. Numerous chest and pelvic ones when I was a kid to try to figure out why I was so sick. They finally found out and rebuilt my urinary tract. Left hip after dislocation. Left knee numerous times - it's had some surgical work done. Left ankle after sprain. Right ankle after sprain. Left foot after break. Left foot after broken toes. Man! It's amazing I'm still alive, isn't it??
Y - Yummy food: Pasta with almost any homemade sauce. Veal Chops my husband barbeques. My own risotto with spinach and shrimp. Anything my Dad used to make. Homemade bread, still warm. chocolate.
Z - Zodiac sign: Sagittarius on the cusp of Scorpio. I have no idea what any of this stuff means, but my Mom is into it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this, but I love brussels sprouts ONLY if my dad makes them in his Italian way. He boils them until they're very tender, then tosses them in lots of olive oil, garlic, crushed chilies and black pepper. They are GOOD this way, otherwise I don't like them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it was totally a shot at your not completing pairs, hee hee. Actually, I like to see how item #2 turns out, so it keeps me going. Usually they never match in size.

Anonymous said...

I found out we are the same age, both born in Montreal and both detest brussels sprouts. My kids keep asking what they taste like and I tell them to ask their grandmother to cook some because they will never pass the threshold of my house. Of course my Mom used to boil them until they were mushy green slop so maybe they should taste them at Lucky's house instead!